7/13/2009

McDonald's Monopoly

Alright, so this is a pretty old piece of shit experiment I did last year (2008) when the McDonald's Monopoly game was going around. If you had the Boardwalk and Park Place piece you would get $1,000,000 in exchange for it. I had the Park Place piece, along with millions of other people out there, the only problem was, now I needed the Boardwalk piece. I already knew I'd never get it, so I thought I'd just fuck around with everyone else that wanted it.

So I went into Photoshop, made my Park Place piece look like a Boardwalk piece (the rare one that nobody has), and posted an ad on Craigslist saying something along the lines of, "I have the Boardwalk piece. I'm selling it for $500,000. Email me if you're interested." And of course I attached my poorly photoshopped Boardwalk piece picture as well. To my surprise, my inbox got spammed with an overload of email from people trying to make a deal with me for the piece. All I wanted was $500k upfront, I didn't want any deals (not that I had the piece anyway, ha).

Anyway, here are many of the emails I saved. Some are boring, some are more interesting, almost all of them are desperate. Some people even emailed me from work, damn. Have fun.


*****@yahoo.com
i'm in california. you're in new york. I have park place, you have boardwalk. lets be real it's 1,000,000 take in to consideration this money will be taxed. if your game piece is for real lets do eachother a favor and split the money. 50/50. we can write it up as a contract. or get a notary. it's a win win. i'm not about greed i just want to pay some bills and maybe a down on a house. lets do this.


*****@cable.comcast.com
I have park place and I am willing to go in together to redeem it. I am willing to split the profit in your favor. I will redeem Parkplace with you to receive 400,000.00 and you would get 600,000.00. We can sign a contract to split the profit this way. I think this would be a perfect opportunity for you and me both.


*****@gmail.com
As you can probably tell, I have park place. If you want 500,000 bucks lets just combine forces.


*****@yahoo.com
is this piece already gone? if not will you be willing to just split profit?


*****@comcast.net
I have Park Place, if interested in a joint-mutually beneficial "merger" of
your ticket and mine to obtain the winnings and split 50/50, please let me
know. Nothing ventured / nothing gained.


*****@rocketmail.com
well i saw your boardwalk im all the way in california im curious there are loads of park place pieces in your area why dont you redeem it yourself.

BTW i have park place 2 of them actually


*****@KumhoTireUSA.com
I have park place
Do you still have boardwalk piece?
I am willing to split if you still have it.
Let me know, thanks


*****@gmail.com
I would like to know if you would go 70% - 30% in you favor..... That means $700,000 for you all I need is enough to get me and my fiance out and some bills payed off. Let me know if you are interested.


*****@aol.com
would you like to have my park place.. i have an extra one..


*****@WebsterBank.com
If your still in need of park place email me back. This is my work email. Cant upload pictures. 50/50


*****@aol.com
Hey I have parkplace, lets do this. And that's smart wit blackin out the code, I was gonna send sum1 proof that I had a piece but I didn't think of that, they couldn't used the code online. Neway how we going to do this. Where r u located?=


*****@BrooksBrothers.com
Is this for real?


*****@hotmail.com
Hello you got one? If not then I got a park place..


*****@aol.com
I have Park Place
If you are interested in going halves call me
*** *** *****


*****@hotmail.com
I am curious as to why you wouldn't want to find Parkplace yourself and claim the prize? You are asking for the $500,000 up front or would you ever consider going in together on the deal and we both would come ahead? There's ways to deal--signed agreements, etc. If interested in working on this with me, as I have Parkplace, please let me know. 50/50 or even 70/30, or whatever. You could come out of it BETTER than $500,000.


*****@aim.com
50/50, i have park place right now, when can we meet?


*****gmail.com
Dude,
I'm interested in buying boardwalk. I would like to sit down with my lawyer and write up some papers governing the sale. Let me know if you still have the game piece.
Thanks


*****@yahoo.com
i have park place and am willing to split the cash offer with you please contact me back at ***-***-**** that is my home phone if you cannot reach me there my cell is ***-***-***** i would really apprieciate it thanks by the way my name is *****


*****@aol.com
I have Park Place and I am interested in Boardwalk. Is there any way you would split the prize in your favor and help out someone who is working on starting a business? Please provide your number, as my friend told me it was impossible to find Boardwalk. Glad I found your ad and looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!


*****@aol.com
I have park Place are you asking for the money up front or is it going to be a 50/50 split..


*****@tds.net
I have park place???????????/ ***-***-****


*****@charter.net
Can we split the money i got park place today 500,000 each k?

[moments later another email]

I don't have the 500k obiviously but I have Park Place.
The only way we can do this if we taem up jointly to submit the two tickets for the 1 mil. to split Interested?


*****@aol.com
i have park place lets split the prize money i cant pay up front


*****@yahoo.com
I have park place
willing to give you 75% of the winnings if this is not a joke or scam


*****@yahoo.com
u still have boardwalk


*****@verizon.net

[He sent me a blank email, what a dumbass...]


*****@yahoo.com
Hey There.
I was just wondering if you still had the Boardwalk game piece for sale. I saw your ad on craigslist. Thanks.


*****@yahoo.com
I assure you I have Park Place if you haven't found anyone yet lets do this!!!
I have already drawn up a contract just in case I found some one with Boardwalk.
Get back ASAP!!!!
I will split the CASH !!!


*****@hotmail.com
if interested call *****, ***.***.*****

[aren't you the one that's supposed the be interested?]


*****@yahoo.com
I have a park place.
Im willing to split the profits 60-40 your way.
If you need a picture of it, just ask.


*****@gmail.com
I saw your posting on Craigs List, and I'm sure you already have a buyer but I have the Park Place piece if you would like to split the prize.


*****@yahoo.com
I have the #273 game piece. Would you be interested in splitting the prize?


*****@yahoo.com
i have the missing piece dude. call me at ***-***-****


*****@auburn.edu
Hey,
I have park place and I was wondering if you would be willing to meet up and
turn it in together I would be willing to split the winnings 60/40 (you get 60)
if we do it this way instead if me buying your piece. Let me know asap
Thanks


*****@cavtel.net
i have the park place peace reply if still availible


*****@hotmail.com
Hello I saw ur ad have u sold the pieace yet? Why r u selling it and not looking
for the other pieace? I am VERY interested in this so please write back or text
**********

[moments later, another email...]

What I would do is pay you after the prize is redeemed I am not very wealth at
all im only 19 so I am carful with my money. I think 1,000 or more is a fair
price if it won :)


*****@hotmail.com
Hi i got park place , please let me know if the offer still stands as soon as possible.!!! My email is *****@hotmail.com please email me back with an answer


*****@gmail.com
I'll do it if I can pay AFTER I cashed in. I don't understand why you would sell it.

[I don't understand why I'd give you the piece for free.]



Unfortunately, this was the second batch of emails that I got for the piece. The first batch was funny, but I was too lazy to save it back then. The best email I got (not listed up there) was one saying, "You don't have Boardwalk, because I do."

I hope I wasted your time.

No comments: