7/24/2008

Logitech G5 Laser Mouse


I've been using a Logitech G5 Laser Mouse for a few months now, I would say maybe four to five if I had to put a number on it. Anyway, this mouse is a pretty nice mouse and can handle a lot of clicks. It is wired, but then again I prefer wired because this way you won't have to worry about the wireless connection cutting out or your mouse running out of battery. Now let's review some of its features.

It is a laser mouse, not a ball mouse so it is more precise when you drag it around and can be used on any surface unlike the ball mice which really need mouse pads or else they are not as effective. It has extra buttons on the side which you can customize to perform different tasks with the software that comes with the product. It also has three default modes of speed you can choose, and if you have the software installed you can create up to five custom speeds. It has a scroll wheel as well which is pretty nifty. If the speeds aren't enough, you can also slip a weight cartridge into the mouse to balance out the weight. This proves useful if you are playing a game and need to add more weight to steady your sniper's scope, or if you need less weight for faster reflexes and reactions times in a fast paced game.

The design is also pretty nice looking, but this is probably the mouse's only flaw. The design is nice, but the rugged skin around the mouse can be a plus or a minus. It can be for better grip, adding to the mouse's grip design, or the feeling of it can just annoy the hell out of you. I must say I was annoyed with the skin the first few days of use, but after a while you'll get used to it. The skin also starts to wear off after a few months of good use, but the laser pointer's performance itself is still in great shape.

NOTE: I wrote this for another site that was supposed to give me $2 for each post, little did I know they stopped doing that a long time ago, so I quit and posted it here so they can ban me for "copyrighted" content or whatever.

No comments: